Welcome
Welcome to c3riders

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Yamaha C3

Talk about anything scooter related

Yamaha C3

Postby Sammcgtvc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Help! please advise if willing and able. I have a 2011 C3 with 10k miles. Thought I bought bad gas added fuel treatment products and seemed to improve but now engine sputters and stalls like it isn't getting fuel consistently. Light also flickers. Could you please offer your opinion and some pointers to help me troubleshoot this?
Sammcgtvc

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Yamaha C3

Postby gabe502000 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:35 am

If you have a C3 Service Manual go to chapter 7 about the EFI...First, you need to determine which Fault Code your Scoot's trying to tell you about...To find out, turn your switch on and do nothing else...Your yellow light will flash a series of long and short flashes as it "Self Diagnoses" the problem....For Example: 4 long flashes and 3 short flashes equals the number 43... Do this and tell me what you get....Gabe
'07 C-4 Scooter Malossi 70cc BBK 6 hole injector ported and reworked throttle body Feign Fuel Control Jiangwayne exhaust, Zuma125 Snorkle inlet hose in airbox cover. Malossi Primary+Secondary with Doc Pulley 4.5gr Sliders and 130/90-10 tires.
gabe502000

Have thanks: 37 time

Return to Scooter Talk