Welcome
Welcome to c3riders

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

..Where to start...

Post your Mods you did to your C3.
Performance, Safety, or just visual

..Where to start...

Postby dennis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:47 am

Right them, lets assume I know nothing of the inner workings of a C3/Giggle

1. UK Giggles are limited to 31 MPH. On a small hill , going down) it will limit you to 31 MPH no mattter what you do with the Throttle. Only on a steeper hill will gravity start to win. A 1:12 hill well get you to 35. How are these machines limited? Is it by the ECU?
2. I'd like more torque for the longer Welsh hills (up the hills this time)..best options?
3. The snorkle set up in the air intake- Why is it designed like that? I notice that some had made the pipe 'bigger' Is this to increase airflow ( I do understand the bit about over-breathing making the mixture too lean) Would a couple of extra air hole help or just mess everything up

I'd just like more grunt - not oo worried about speed, although 40 is tempting :twisted:
...its cheaper to run than a V8 !
dennis

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: ..Where to start...

Postby attractivenuisance » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm

My Vino's hit... say... 45? And it's outcornered a police interceptor.
GY6 - Breakfast Of Champions
attractivenuisance

Postby dennis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 am

Right then...

I have a UK spec Giggle (stupid name!) limited to 31mph and weigh 14.5 stone - just under 200 lbs

I would like more torque/ pull for the Welsh hills.

I have already 'opened up' the air filter.
4 gram weights seem the way forward on the variator
Do I move the washer in the variator or leave it alone - there seems to be conflicting advice on this one
dennis

Postby gabe502000 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Your Giggle has a different Variator than our C3 does...There are some posts by GiggleMad in the search engine,where he shares the part # of the parts he got from a Yamaha Dealer (In Germany I think) that made his Scooter, "Scoot!" Gabe
'07 C-4 Scooter Malossi 70cc BBK 6 hole injector ported and reworked throttle body Feign Fuel Control Jiangwayne exhaust, Zuma125 Snorkle inlet hose in airbox cover. Malossi Primary+Secondary with Doc Pulley 4.5gr Sliders and 130/90-10 tires.

gabe502000 has been thanked by:
gabe502000

Have thanks: 37 time

Postby dennis » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Found a mention but no posts...probably my IT skills
dennis

Postby dennis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 am

Thanks Gabe :D

I did some more digging and found the relevant posts

It seems that most of the restricting is with the Variator so , for £26, I have ordered a US C3 spec primary Sleave that should , along with the 4g weights, make things a bit more scootier :D

Question : do I keep the 'washer' in place or not? What would 200lbs of me gain by removing it?

I googled Yamaha 3XYE76200100 ( the US part No) and found a UK supplier and confirmed that it was the US variator 'not for UK road use' ;) Yeh right !

The UK (&EU) version is 15PE76200000

Along with a new belt....watch this space :twisted:
dennis

Postby gabe502000 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 pm

Start off by tuning your scoot's variator to your riding style / conditions. I did a series called, "Variator Experiments" where I purchased sets of Dr.Pulley 3gr, 4gr, + 5gr sliders, an "Inductive Pickup" tach/hourmeter, & a GPS...The 4gr set of sliders you'll hear about around here, (24gr of total variator weight.) as being the best variator weight, is by no means all inclusive...It causes high enough revs starting off to pull really well, but hits the limiter at 9200rpms @42 mph, puting a stop to being able to get a good run going down a hill, so as to get a better shot at climbing the other side...:) If you'll get an inexpensive master set of 15x12 roller weights, containing sets of weights from 3gr to 7gr, you can put three of one set, and three of the next heavier set of weights alternately into your variator, to equal a a set of weights in between, and keep on doing this with every set of weights you have, then test ride your scoot, until you find the total weight that's right for your riding. Make sure the master set of roller weights you acquire, are color coded so each set is a different color...Once you determine the exact total weight that suits your riding style, you can then get a set of Dr.Pulley Sliding Weights in that weight, install it in place of the roller weights, & go down the road! Then, put the big set of rollers on Ebay,& get most of your $$$ back! :) It's helpful to be aware of the connection between total variator weight and rpms for what speed you're riding...Keeping track of this, plus what top speed your scoot hits the limiter for each set of weights, will allow you to adjust variator weight for riding conditions...:) Gabe
'07 C-4 Scooter Malossi 70cc BBK 6 hole injector ported and reworked throttle body Feign Fuel Control Jiangwayne exhaust, Zuma125 Snorkle inlet hose in airbox cover. Malossi Primary+Secondary with Doc Pulley 4.5gr Sliders and 130/90-10 tires.

gabe502000

Postby gabe502000 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:18 pm

It should be noted here, that the size of your clutch's Torque, or Contra Spring, has a lot to do with your scooter getting to top speed and maintaining that speed in varying road conditions...I believe our member gitsum has been experimenting in this area, and has posted the results in Scooter Talk...I think we can All learn from what he's finding out about this mostly ignored subject! :P Gabe

gabe502000

Postby gabe502000 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 pm

dennis wrote:Thanks Gabe :D

I did some more digging and found the relevant posts

It seems that most of the restricting is with the Variator so , for £26, I have ordered a US C3 spec primary Sleave that should , along with the 4g weights, make things a bit more scootier :D

Question : do I keep the 'washer' in place or not? What would 200lbs of me gain by removing it?

I googled Yamaha 3XYE76200100 ( the US part No) and found a UK supplier and confirmed that it was the US variator 'not for UK road use' ;) Yeh right !

The UK (&EU) version is 15PE76200000

Along with a new belt....watch this space :twisted:

The Bro in France that modded his Euro XF50 variator to make his Giggle run like a C3, told me he had to get the parts from a Dealer in Germany...You also might want to research the MBK BoosterX Scooter, which has Malossi performance parts (Their 3.18:1 rear gears at least...) Although he's not an active member he's a nice man,and will respond to a PM on the subject, if you'll send send him one...<G>

gabe502000

Postby dennis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 pm

Thank you yet again !!!
dennis

Next

Return to C3 Mods